1948 Seagrave Fire Truck Converted to Civilian Use V12 Power
Seagrave was founded in Detroit, Michigan, in 1881 by Fredric Seagrave and moved to Columbus, Ohio, in 1891. Seagrave was acquired by the FWD Corporation in 1963 and moved their corporate headquarters to Clintonville, Wisconsin. Still in operation today. Seagrave Fire Apparatus LLC specializes in pumper and rescue units, as well as aerial towers. In addition to manufacturing new equipment, they refurbish, repair and upgrade older Seagrave apparatus, including National Fire Protection Association updates to equipment.
This very nice Fire Truck pulled duty as a Pumper for many years for the Bismark, ND Fire Department. Our client has had the truck for about 8 years and converted it to Civilian use, adding a nice convertible top for shade, new door panels. and removing all the ladders, hoses and equipment. All the Equipment was retained and is included in the sale of the truck This is the perfect Parade vehicle, capable of holding a large group of people and could also pull service at a Resort or other Attraction that has a need to haul a lot of people from time to time.
The Truck is in excellent running and driving condition and has relatively new tires as well. Powered by the legendary Pierce Arrow derived V12, with a 5 Speed Gearbox, it runs smooth and steady, and really needs nothing to be immediately enjoyed. Here we have a fun and enjoyable vehicle that will provide many more years of good memories for the new owner.